Sunday, July 4, 2010

Nadal A Well Oiled Machine

Raffa Nadal at the age of 24 wins his 8th Grand Slam Title in the form of Wimbledon and first Spaniard to win it twice. After the first two round hick-ups Nadal played just like a well oiled machine. His footwork and endurance makes him a great player but his attitude on and off the court makes him the greatest.

Raffa needed 2 hours and 13 minutes to defeat the 6'5" Cezh Tomas Berdych at the score of 6-3, 7-5, 6-4. Raffa flung his racket after ripping a fabulous forehand winning passing shot and collapsed on his back on the brown patch of the lawn.

After the match Tomas Berdych admitted that ""He was really strong today. He's showing in the last few months that he is really the champion."

Nadal broke Berdych four times and never lost serve in 15 service games, rallied with guts and served immaculately.

"It was probably one of the toughest moments in my career," Nadal said after accepting the winner's trophy Sunday from the Duke of Kent. "A win here was always my dream. I did it two years ago."

He said: 'To have this trophy in my hands is more than a dream for me. Playing my fourth final was amazing after a difficult year last year.

I hope that he wins the US Open in September to complete his Slam. If that happens I think that Nadal then should end the year with world number 1 ranking. Hey I am watching the mixed doubles final and hope that Lee wins this one.

Vamos!!!! Now Next Is US Open for Raffa .... Vamos!!!!

Positively
Alex Gomes



Do Visit
EnthuIndian

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home